In the next 10 years the average cell site with 30 licensed antennas can gross $15 million to the cell carrier. The Owner may only receive $150,000.
AMC understands that cell site leases are not property owner’s primary business and information is hard to find on market rents.
Property Owners are frequently asked to:
- Extend the lease on the same basic terms
- Keep terms confidential
- Amend the lease in mid-term
- Allow automatic renewals
- Lock rent increases to inflation
- Allow carrier to to licence the site to others
- Allow unlimited use of site
- Allow 24 x 7 access
- Indemnify the carrier
- Waive assignment rights
- Waive permits and inspections
- Guarantee environmental costs
What is the impact of these terms?
Increased Landlord risk.
Call us to discuss for your market options at 604-566-9811